Wierd one here I was working inside a vcloud org and I had a new virtual machine unable to browse the internet. DNS would work… traceroute would work… at first I figured it was a configuration issue as mentioned in the KB here. But it was not the same issue existed as long as the virtual machine was behind the vshield edge appliance. If I took it in front (exposed to internet) everything was fine. I ended up calling vmware support and it turned out to be IPV6 on the Windows virtual machine. IPV6 is not supported on vshield Edge. As documented here. Disabling IPV6 in windows is a registry modification and a reboot so it’s a pain… make sure you turn it off or it will be a fun fail.